I did some hand sewing, although not a lot. I wanted to embroider and embellish one cq block. Well I managed the embroidery. Took me all day. My own fault. I fell and hurt my sewing hand last Sunday. I could only sew about three stitches before I had to rest my hand. This is what I managed to sew.
As to applique, I am sewing The 1857 Album Quilt from the Sentimental Stitches blog. This block took me hours to make because of my hand. My hand just would not co-operate. Had an X-ray today, have not heard back from the doctor. Don’t think it is broken but I think I badly bruised it.
Looking for a UFO to sew on, I came across my Dear Jane blocks. The blocks found are my third attempt at sewing Dear Jane. Twice before I sewed a lot of the blocks but for some reason became upset with it and gave them away.
Once again I stumbled with two blocks and quit sewing them. This time I have not given them away. I put them away. Now they are back out ( I have more than the above) and they are going to be made into a Mini Jane. I have a plan and hopefully there will enough of time to put my plan into action….We’ll see.
Surfing the net, I found a wonderful sew a long on Sentimental Stitchers . I really like ‘The 1857 Album Quilt’. It has taken me a while to decide on the fabric I wanted to use. I placed iron-on-pellon on the back of the fabric in the hopes it helps to stabilize the sewing.
Block 4 fabric.
Very pleased with the final outcome. Just need to add the melons in the cornors, but won’t do that till I sew a couple of blocks together. I am concerned about the melons matching up. Once I sew the a few blocks together, it will be easy to match up the melons.